Thursday, April 15, 2010

tic tic tic

Hey mates

Wow i miss you guys. But the Lord has been providing my every need and i am so thankful for this amazing opportunity that the Lord has brought me on.

Last week we had lectures on biblical relationships and it was really good to check my heart and make sure that i deal with things in my life. Forgiveness and humility have got to be 2 of the most important things in any relationship really. Cuz we are all human and we all make mistakes. It's what happens after that that will make or break the relationship.

We also had a sweet lecture on Fearing God. The biggest thing that stood out to me was that we need to just be aware of God's preferences. It can be easy for us to offend the Lord when we are careless in action and we don't live intentionally.
I gathered that the only way we can really live with integrity is if we fear the Lord. We know that he is always watching and that we are constantly living for him therefor it always keeps us in check. Or at least it should.

We just finished our week on evangelism. The main focus of it was on healing and on miracles. I guess i'm like most of you and thought that miracles and healing are of the past and that evangelism is always building relationships first then leading them to Christ's love. Although that is such a great way to spread the gospel there is also that off healing and miracles.
If we look to Christ's life we can see his ministry. It was soley based on him healing people's sicknesses and forgiving them. I'm finding that the Lord has passed on these gifts of the Holy Spirit to his diciples as well as the apostles. The sweet thing is that it is passed on to us. We have the power of the Word of God and the power of Jesus Christ in us. I'm really seeking and longing to use the power of God to bring people to him. It's a little radical to me, but i am noticing that when you really read the Gospel, Christ and his followers used healing all the time in order to have the word of God spread.

only a few more weeks before we leave on outreach. If you could pray for school finances that would be awesome... 4 students still really need money in our school to go to South Africa
We leave may 3 or 4.

God Bless

Scott

3 comments:

  1. Okay Scotty I know that I am the stalker that leaves the most comments on your blog - (obviously I dont have facebook lol) Glad to hear that God is working in your heart - Trust He will continue to show you great things. Heard you had a sweet visit with your dad & mom - we had Eva for the weekend - fun times. All is well here - miss you and love you lots. We will continue to pray. love you - Aunt Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Scott! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. God is going to continue to use you in ways you can only imagine! Best of luck in Africa and I'll be praying for ya. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    Taylor Noll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely lovin that you are talking about the power of the Holy Spirit! It is so much more than just something we sing about in our worship songs - it is divine in a way we cannot imagine and I definitely want to encourage you to show others and even more, to encourage others to use that power. As believers we have been given this great gift, and I think a lot of us let it lay dormant because we don't understand how great it is, or even that we are able to use it here and now! Not just in Biblical times! We are Jesus' disciples! Hallelujah :)

    Also thinking of you and praying for you - I'm really excited for all that is happening in your life Scott!

    Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete